The AOLS Council is appointed under the Surveyors Act. The Council is comprised of:
- six persons who are members of the Association and who are elected by the members of the Association as provided by the regulations;
- the president and the vice-president, each of whom shall be elected annually by and from among the members of the Association as provided by the regulations;
- the immediate past president;
- the Surveyor General;
- at least two and not more than four persons who are not members of the Association, nor members of the governing body of any other self-regulating professional association or organization under an Act other than this Act and who are appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council; and,
- one person who is not a member of the Association and who is a barrister and solicitor of at least 10 years standing in Ontario and who is appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council.
Council is the governing body and board of directors of the Association and manages and administers the affairs of the Association. It is responsible for establishing committees and appointing members to these.
The Association has several staff under the direction of an Executive Director who reports to Council.
The Registrar is appointed by Council and deals with the provisions under the Surveyors Act regarding membership, certificates of authorization, complaints, discipline, etc.
The Association also has a Deputy Registrar who can fulfill similar duties as the Registrar in the event of absence or conflicts of interest.
The Manager of the Survey Review Department oversees the Inspection Program as identified in Ontario Regulation 1026.
An Office Manager ensures the smooth operation of the office along with several other staff members.
2023 Meeting Schedule of Council:
January 31, 2023
February 28, 2023
March 14, 2023
April 25, 2023
June 13, 2023
July 13–14, 2023
September 6–7, 2023
October 24, 2023
November 28, 2023