To appply for articles, the following items must be submitted to the Association of Ontario Land Surveyors. Please note that you may commence articles when you are within 3 term courses of completing your academic requirements. However, all courses must be completed at least 8 months prior to writing the professional examination. Applications are reviewed twice yearly - at the January and July meetings of the AERC. Applications have to be received one month prior to the respective meeting.Once the AERC has reviewed and approved* the application to article, the student and the articling surveyor must attend the Articling Workshop. *The approval is always subject to the student and articling surveyor attending the Articling Workshop. Links to the forms or sample forms are listed below.
- 1. Completed Student Information Sheet
- 2. Completed Training Programme Questionnaire(to be completed by Articling Surveyor)
- 3. Two references: Submit the name, address and facsimile number of two individuals who are prepared to give a character reference.The Association will write directly to these individuals, asking them to complete a questionnaire. At least one of the references should be a professional (e.g. doctor, lawyer, engineer, surveyor) other than to whom you will be articled. References from the company for which you are working are not acceptable.
- 4. Undertaking Form—to be submitted on company letterhead. On approval of articles, the student and articling surveyor will be required to attend the Articling Workshop.
- 5. Current Fee* *Contact the Association for current fee.