To qualify for an Associate Membership you must be:
• A person, who is enrolled in a post secondary school course in professional land surveying; • A party to Articles of Agreement with a member of the Association; or • Employed in, retired from or aligned with the practice of professional land surveying
Associate Membership entitles you to:
• Reduced costs to attend the AOLS AGM • Reduced costs to attend Continuing Education Seminars • The AOLS Quarterly magazine and other mailings • Access to publications, videos and the AOLS library • Information about industry events. • Receive general information issued by the Association and to attend meetings of the Association, but are not entitled to vote at meetings. • Associate Membership year runs from July 1st to June 30th of the following year. Applications received between December and June will be prorated for a 1/2 year.
To appply for articles, the following items must be submitted to the Association of Ontario Land Surveyors. Please note that you may commence articles when you are within 3 term courses of completing your academic requirements. However, all courses must be completed at least 8 months prior to writing the professional examination. Applications are reviewed twice yearly - at the January and July meetings of the AERC. Applications have to be received one month prior to the respective meeting.Once the AERC has reviewed and approved* the application to article, the student and the articling surveyor must attend the Articling Workshop. *The approval is always subject to the student and articling surveyor attending the Articling Workshop. Links to the forms or sample forms are listed below.
1. Completed Student Information Sheet
2. Completed Training Programme Questionnaire(to be completed by Articling Surveyor)
3. Two references: Submit the name, address and facsimile number of two individuals who are prepared to give a character reference.The Association will write directly to these individuals, asking them to complete a questionnaire. At least one of the references should be a professional (e.g. doctor, lawyer, engineer, surveyor) other than to whom you will be articled. References from the company for which you are working are not acceptable.
4. Undertaking Form—to be submitted on company letterhead. On approval of articles, the student and articling surveyor will be required to attend the Articling Workshop.
5. Current Fee* *Contact the Association for current fee.